Custom Content Importer / Writer

Mar 13, 2011 at 12:28 AM

I have recently updated GLEED2D to use the XNA 4.0 framework. Additionally I have created a custom content importer / writer to allow GLEED2D levels to be loaded from the XNA content pipeline instead of having to serialize the xml files in the game code.

If anyone is interested I could create a new fork and upload the code. Let me know.

Mar 13, 2011 at 7:07 PM

hey, im loking for that try to use in XNA 4.0 for windows phone whitout luck

can u help me.

Apr 4, 2011 at 11:24 PM

I'm interested. That would be great.

Apr 13, 2011 at 2:03 PM

Cool stuff, especially the content pipeline, would you mind sharing the code?

May 10, 2011 at 3:40 PM

I'm very interested on this :)

May 12, 2011 at 12:10 PM

I'm interested too. yeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeh

May 24, 2011 at 6:45 PM
Phoresis wrote:

I have recently updated GLEED2D to use the XNA 4.0 framework. Additionally I have created a custom content importer / writer to allow GLEED2D levels to be loaded from the XNA content pipeline instead of having to serialize the xml files in the game code.

If anyone is interested I could create a new fork and upload the code. Let me know.

Hi, that's a cool stuff. it would me more convenient than levle.cs. will you publish the code?

May 31, 2011 at 7:24 AM
Edited May 31, 2011 at 7:24 AM

I would be interested in this too, please do share...

Jun 2, 2011 at 8:41 AM

Yes please! I'm trying to figure out how to write one myself so I can load GLEED2D files on the Xbox.

Jun 9, 2011 at 2:44 AM

Is this posted anywhere?  Really interested.

Aug 5, 2011 at 12:38 PM

is there a way to get the xna 4 version ?

thanks.

Sep 19, 2011 at 3:05 PM

I've posted an issue about this. The OP seems to have disappeared and I can't wait for them to return.

Currently, I'm implementing this for myself, but if there is significant interest i will make it generic enough to be used by others. What I'll be doing is to load the XML file in the content type reader, then the content writer and runtime reader will deal with a binary version which unpacks into a generic form of the code in Level.cs.

I'm going to remove the rendering stuff from this, because I think a seperate renderer would be a lot better, especially since I'm only using the data and not actually rendering the level in the form it appears in the editor; (I'm using it to edit a 3d world in top down fashion rather than side on, and I don't think anybody will want my renderer; also, items rendering themselves doesnt really fit into my rendering architecture which is based around seperate renderable items)

Sep 21, 2011 at 8:55 PM

I'm still interested in it. Even if you just release the source code I'm sure it wouldn't be difficult for me to adapt it to my project. I'm using GLEED as a level and entity editor in my game, which uses Farseer Physics.