Textures from Spritesheets

Coordinator
Aug 30, 2010 at 6:57 PM
Edited Aug 30, 2010 at 6:58 PM

Perhaps you could add a function of some sort that could load a spritesheet that you could draw defining boxes around each individual sprite, save the references to the level file and have a separate tab for bringing in sprite textures rather than file textures or primitives.

I don't know if this is necessary and I'm sure most people could work around not being able to use sprite sheets. I understand that all of your textures could also just be placeholders, replaced through code by sprites. Honestly this is just an idea, and I didn't see it anywhere else in this forum.

You've created a wonderful program that has so many uses it seems like this would be included already. Perhaps, though, there are complications that an inexperienced programmer like myself would not be able to foresee.

Expect a donation and credit/thanks from me and my team when we can give them to you.

Sincere Thanks,
TheKillmobile

--------------------------------------------------------------------

I saw another comment along these lines, and agree that it would be nice. GameMaker has a nice way of slitting images into smaller sprite chunks that involves setting the width, height, and spacing parameters to split up an image.

While working with it, I also found that a nice feature might be to allow the player to work the other way as well! For instance, I pieced together a level over the weeked that ended up involving a lot of small images, and a lot of overlap. I decided that it would be better to flatten them into a single background image, but had to turn to other tools to do that.

LiquidAsh

This post/conversation was originally located at the old gleed2d forums and was moved here in September 2010 by the project coordinator, zissakos.

Coordinator
Aug 30, 2010 at 7:00 PM

Hmmm, interesting idea. How exactly would that work?

What do other people think about this?