GLEED2D (Generic LEvel EDitor 2D) is a general purpose, non tile-based Level Editor for 2D games of any genre that allows arbitrary placement of textures and other items in 2D space. Levels are saved in XML format. Custom Properties can be added to the items in order to represent game-specific data/events/associations between items etc.
Check the video tutorials under the Documentation
tab to get an idea of its powerful features.
GLEED2D is free software and is written in C# and XNA Game Studio 3.1. You need the XNA Framework Redistributable 3.1 (download from Microsoft
) and the Microsoft .Net Framework 3.5 to run it. Donate(Paypal)!
- placing & editing textures (move, rotate, scale, flip, tint)
- multiple layers
- several tools (align horizontally, etc.)
- primitive items (rectangle, circle, path)
- Custom Properties per item/layer/level
- save to XML
- editing multiple items at once
- toggle visibility per item/layer/level
- preview in your application
- parallax scrolling