Wish list

Oct 6, 2010 at 10:38 PM

Using Gleed for now, though it's missing a number of important features I'd like to have, so I thought I'd post my wish list:

1. It shouldn't spin the CPU when it's idle. I'd love to just leave it open, but it uses too much CPU.
  2. Multiple level editing would be nice, even if each level still lived in its own file, but combined in one file would be even better.
  3. Some way to scroll the level? If there's a way, it's pretty well hidden. Zoom isn't so useful if you can't scroll.
  4. Multi-select in the tree view.
  5. When you copy an item named "foo_001", it should create "foo_002", not "texture_0153".
  6. Custom properties should be easier to add (and edit -- see #4) in a batched manner.
  7. The XML format is...ugly, to say the least. I assume that's just the default that C# will serialize for free? A cleaner save format would be nice, even if it were cleaner XML-- like using attributes more rather than having everything be a nested value.

Otherwise it seems like a good start on a level editor.

--Tim

Oct 6, 2010 at 10:53 PM
TimInColorado wrote:
  1. Some way to scroll the level? If there's a way, it's pretty well hidden. Zoom isn't so useful if you can't scroll.

1. WASD and Shift + WASD...

Oct 6, 2010 at 11:00 PM
serioussam909 wrote:
TimInColorado wrote:
  1. Some way to scroll the level? If there's a way, it's pretty well hidden. Zoom isn't so useful if you can't scroll.

1. WASD and Shift + WASD...

That would qualify as pretty well hidden. Consider adding, say, middle-button-drag? So if you're doing work on the mouse, you don't have to get your other hand onto the keyboard.

Oct 7, 2010 at 8:07 PM

Help > QuickGuide - there are all controls.

I don't think that middle drag is a good idea, because it is already used for rotation...

Oct 20, 2010 at 10:25 PM
  1. When you copy an item named "foo_001", it should create "foo_002", not "texture_0153".

This feature is now added in my fork.