Nice! Just a small suggestion (or not that small)

Sep 1, 2010 at 8:34 AM

Nice to see your level editor on codeplex.

I have an additional suggestion :) One of the features I like the most of Gleed2D is the fact you can add any kind of properties to each element in the map. But it would be nice to be able to create pre-configured elements. I mean, elements with their properties already created and the only thing I need to do is to assign their values.

For example, I have a cannon. So I have the cannon texture, I add it to the map, and add the properties "range", "ammo" and "ammoType". But each time I want to add a new cannon, I have to set again the properties (I don't mean the values, but add the properties). Could it be possible to add "objects" to a "map definition" or something like that?

Anyway, thanks for the great job :)

Coordinator
Sep 1, 2010 at 11:50 AM

hmmm... how about copying the item? you could just copy the item and all custom properties are copied as well. you can even move items to other layers.

of course, the initial work to add all properties to the first item of each kind still remains...

Sep 1, 2010 at 3:47 PM

Copying items is what I actually do. But I need always a map with all the objects to keep them as a reference :P