Moving a rectangle item when it is tall and thin - difficult to select

Coordinator
Aug 30, 2010 at 6:39 PM

Hi,

Great editor by the way, I'm also using it with Farseer, and I can knock up a pretty nice set of physics objects quite quickly with this tool.

I have a small useability question. I have some rectangle items that are tall and thin and I often want to move them. However when I hover the mouse over them I only ever get the resize left-right <-> cursor appearing. In order to select the recatangle item to move it I have to zoom right in until I can get a normal selction pointer icon, then zoom right back out again.

Is there a way to allow me to move the rectangle item just when it is selected red?

Cheers, Beringela.

--------------------------------------------------------------------
This post/conversation was originally located at the old gleed2d forums and was moved here in September 2010 by the project coordinator, zissakos.
--------------------------------------------------------------------

Coordinator
Aug 30, 2010 at 6:41 PM

Hi Beringela,

I think this might be easier now. Since Version 1.2 you can also use keyboard buttons  1,2,3 instead of left, middle, right mouse button. So, once the item is selected you can just press and hold "1" and move the item with the mouse as if you would pres left mouse button. Just try it and tell me if that helps.